Sunday, September 16, 2012

I miss my best friend!

Well Chris just left today for his PGA training in Florida. I am so proud of him for taking his training seriously and getting it done in record time but it is quite sad as well. For the three and a half years we've been together we have never been separated for a week. I know hard to believe. But we are literally joined at the hip :) So what am I going to be doing this week? STAYING BUSY!

Since starting a full time job after graduating I have not had a lot of time for myself, and although being engaged is amazing it does cause a lot of stress. Wedding planning can be stressful but I am one of those crazies who LOVE planning! So the actual wedding planning does not bother me at all. So you are probably wondering why I think it is stressful then? Well MONEY makes it stressful. 

When couples get engaged it really hits you that you will be together forever and you both need to start growing up. Yes the first step of this is graduating and finding full time jobs which we have both done but you also have other responsibilities like saving money, thinking about the future and what it means for you as a couple, and really putting your significant others needs before your own. 

Ok now I'm rambling. But my point is this week I am spending time on myself. A funny thing happens to women when stress kicks in. We let ourselves go, and as much as I hate to admit this I have done just this in the past couple of months. A lot of times I don't have time to straighten my hair, or do my eyebrows. Half the time I can't even remember to wash my face. HA! 

Part of being a wife to me is staying attractive since all men have a need for visually stimulating material. I have always believed that in order to keep your husband happy you need to look you best. So this week while Chris is out of town I am getting myself back to what I used to be for him. I am getting my hair cut, my eyebrows arched, and getting a facial. I am also performing a pinterest worthy hair conditioning treatment that hopefully doesn't turn into a pintrosity. I am also already planning a date night for us for the day after he gets back along with picking out a smoking hot outfit :)

I do think about Chris every second when he's away from me but I also think about things I can do for him while he's gone and this will def pay off when we see each other again! Can't wait till next saturday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment