Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Chicago, Cupcakes, and The Call!


So these pictures are not great but Chris surprised me by taking me to Chicago at the Cobb Energy Center last weekend. We had a blast. It was something so different from other dates we have been on together. Sometimes it's nice to just get away from work and dress up for each other and go out.



Our Seats were Awesome! 

Pretty Theatre

Being Weird 

Couldn't get a really good picture 
The fact that he ordered us tickets the night before the performance on a whim is so funny/romantic to me. But anyway....work has been so freaking crazy for me lately. It is nice to finally be able to step back a little and enjoy being engaged again. I have booked/started planning 4 wedding at work right now. Which at the end of the day means I have no time to think about my own which is sad sometimes but I love working with my brides :) 

I feel like we are slowly starting to get down to business now. Tomorrow we will be exactly 8 months away from our wedding! And tomorrow is the big call. With Disney Weddings they do not let you officially book your wedding and get your official wedding date until exactly 8 months out and tomorrow we will find out our date and will finally be in the Disney Wedding system. After the call tomorrow our contract and planning kit will be sent to us and I am so looking forward to this! 

Did I mention we get 2 FREE annual passes with our wedding package! YES SIR! We are already planning a Christmas Trip after our Disney Wedding. But back to business...not only are we about to get our date but we are so very close to finishing our save the date postcards! 

Most couples order them online but for us our wedding is a very personal process and come on i'm marrying a graphic designer so why not design our own right? I can't post pictures yet but they go really well with our theme which I will mention later in another post. We have also created a personalized seal/label for all of our wedding stationary which is amazeballs! I will post pictures when they are sent out. 

Also we did our own at home cake tasting tonight. Chris liked this part. Quick tip- it is very important to let the groom make some decisions about the wedding since it is his day too. Brides that can't let their future husbands help with planning are not going to make great wives. So I let Chris...wait for it....decide what cake flavor and icing flavor we will be using. The food is a big deal to the guys!
He decided on double chocolate chip with vanilla buttercream icing. Not your typical wedding cake but I am supporting it hole heartedly. Oh and plus we only had 4 choices since our cake has to be gluten free for me :) so honestly he picked the best choice. Our other flavor choices were vanilla, red velvet, and lemon. We had my parents bring us cupcakes back from Disney since they were there this week since Disney does not do cake tastings for escape brides. HEY DISNEY...WE ARE SPENDING MONEY TOO! EVEN IF WE ARENT SPENDING $100,000 AND HIRING DAVID TUTERA! 

Sorry about the rant. We also bought our cake topper. I love it! Yes it features mickey and minnie.But not one of those cheesy bride and groom mickeys you see at every Disney Store. Oh and what is with that anyway. Mickey and Minnie never got married unless I am totally oblivious to something. 

Well that's all I can think of for now. Oh if you love Disney check out my next post!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment