Thursday, August 16, 2012

Planning Trip Day Six

Today was such a long and eventful day. I was reluctant to wake up at 6 but had to in order to get ready for our engagement pictures this morning. We were meeting Emily our Photographer over at Boardwalk at 8 am to follow this by heading over to the Poly for some more pictures with an outfit change and then ending with Breakfast at Kona.

So I got up and got ready and we drove over to the Yacht and Beach Club to meet her in the lobby. She made us feel comfortable from the start and we got some really great shots thank god. It wasn't easy due to the muggy humidity. But we pushed through and my hair got bigger and frizzier as each minute passed. I know a little dramatic.

I can't put any of our pics up because we are using them in our wedding stationary but they came out so good that I am just so excited for our wedding pictures.

So anyway after the session we headed to Kona right on schedule and this breakfast was the best I had all week. It was a little heavy but it was GOOD! It was actually so good that we had to make a reservation for tomorrow to try their dinner since we cancelled our reservations at Sci-Fi earlier in the week. We were not going to waste a sit down meal from the meal plan. Even if we had already gained 10 pounds this week.

Chris and Chuck tried the Tonga Toast and both loved it. I am glad some of us got to try this since it is their signature Dish for breakfast. For any Disney Foodies this is french toast stuffed with banana then rolled in cinnamon sugar and topped with a strawberry compote. Yum! Too bad they could not do this gluten free.

 We were so tired at this point :)
After breakfast we headed back to the room to change and get ready for AK not sure if we napped or not but knowing us we probably did. I was feeling worse and worse as the week went on due to stuffing myself with tons of food after a gluten flare up. Hey I wasn't going to skip any of that deliciousness. :) But I continued to keep myself off of the adult rides. We rode the Safari together where we were stopped due to some sexual content on the safari path :) But this was by far the best safari we had been on yet. People who want to see a lot of animals should wait until later on in the night. It is so much better. 


Then we went on Dinosaur...one of my favorite rides at WDW! Chris and I love reciting the lines to this one as well. I cannot help but feel like a scary TREX is chasing me every time I ride this. It isn't a rollercoaster but I feel crazy for always getting off feeling winded from all the intensity. 

Chris and I separated so he could ride Everest. I walked around taking so engagement ring shots with Instagram since this was our first time in the parks being engaged I thought I should soak it up for all that it is worth. 

Cool Indian style Dancing 











The park closed at 7 and it was about 6 so we decided to grab some dinner only to realize that every place to eat in AK closed at 5. Chris was starting to not feel good because of his number going low and needing to eat quick! It's kinda funny because a couple of trips back his insulin pump broke at AK. Maybe there is a hoax against diabetics here or something. Just Kidding. Well anyway my adrenaline started to kick in so we grabbed him a cookie to eat on the way out of the park since it was the only thing edible within our reach which ended up making him feel worse.

We decided to get on any bus that was already here no matter what hotel it was going to. Well we were headed to Saratoga Springs for dinner.

We got on the bus which was about a 40 minute trip and half way through Chris was feeling very sick. We were near Saratoga Springs but there are so many stops that we needed to wait until the stop for the quick service at the resort. I had our backpack open ready for Chris to get sick in praying that we get off before he gets sick in front of all of those people.

So we finally get off the bus and Chris paces around trying not to get sick while I let him sit a while and then coax him into eating. He had to even though he felt ill. I knew this was why he was sick. So I ordered our meal and brought it to him outside and it was like magic. As soon as he ate he was back to normal again. We actually got to eat with his parents as well since they had happened to be walking around Saratoga as well. Weird. But after all of us sitting around for a while Chris decided he was feeling completely better and we were off to Downtown Disney. We decided to walk despite the rain that still had me freezing. I think I actually froze to death this entire trip.

This was the best moment of our trip. We walked hand in hand up and down the sidewalks to Downtown talking about our wedding and our future family coming to Disney together. We decided to go on a hunt for Disney kitchen stuff since we decided to have a Disney Kitchen in our new place together. This is honestly what we did our entire trip. Hunted down Disney home goods. We became experts at it. After downtown we headed straight back to the hotel for some sleep. We were exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment